Following a year of unparalleled disruption, loose monetary and fiscal policies have become the new normal and many long-term economic and societal changes remain uncertain. As vaccination programmes pick up pace amid talk of policy normalisation, OMFIF and the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia are hosting a series of seminars to discuss the Federal Reserve’s priorities. Over five days, Fed Week will cover topics from the economics of artificial intelligence, a green recovery, central bank digital currency, financial stability, macroeconomic developments and how all of this is feeding into the decisions the Fed is making.
In session one of the series, the panel will cover:
• Macroeconomic outlook for the US
• The unknowns and competing forces in the wake of the pandemic
• Their own responses and how the country is navigating its Covid-19 recovery
• Unemployment in the service sectors such as hospitality, travel and tourism and its effect on inequality
• Reason to expect that activity could surge in the second half of the year
• Long-term risk of inflation and consideration of whether the fed should start tapering later this year
• The Fed’s financial stability role
Register for additional sessions here.
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia