In this episode of Synopsis, OMFIF’s weekly roundup of news and analysis, Senior Editor Julian Frazer looks back over the most recent articles published on the OMFIF website, including those on US President Donald Trump’s isolationist tendencies, the pressures facing incoming ECB President Christine Lagarde, and the complexities of central bank communications. To receive our newsletters,visit https://thinktank.omfif.org/subscribe.
Articles and other items referenced:
- ‘Only one justification’ for fresh ECB QE
- Claustrophobia on the Fed balance sheet
- Libra and the global monetary system
- Second Libra podcast with co-creator Christian Catalini
- Simon Ridley on negotiating an EU-UK trade deal
- The future of regulation with FCA CEO Andrew Bailey
Music: Hey Mercy by Pierce Murphy is licensed under an Attribution License.
Correction: The growth of the Fed’s balance sheet stands at $80bn a month, rather than $120bn as reported in this podcast. The text of the article reflects the correction.