In partnership with the British Embassy in Madrid and the Spanish Chamber of Commerce in the UK, OMFIF convened two panel discussions on sustainable finance. Speakers focused on how Spain and the UK can work more closely to deliver the COP26 private finance hub strategy, as well as a wider global perspective ahead of COP26 in November.
In this podcast, the focus is on net zero and the future of green finance:
- Alex Michie, Head, Glasgow Financial Alliance for Net Zero
- Marta García de Oteyza, Responsible Banking Senior Manager, Banco Santander
- Ángel Martínez-Aldama, President, INVERCO
- Hugh Elliott, British Ambassador to Spain and Andorra, British Embassy in Madrid
- Simon Thompson, Chief Executive Officer, Chartered Banker Institute
They delve into the role of sustainable finance as a potential key theme of the COP26 summit, the most impactful UK and Spanish policies for mitigating climate-related financial risks, the development of the COP26 private finance hub strategy and the role of public-private partnerships in transitioning to sustainable finance.
In partnership with:
In cooperation with:
This discussion is part of the OMFIF Sustainable Policy Institute. The SPI is a high level community which brings together central banks, sovereign funds, public pension funds, and their counterparts in asset management, banking and professional services to explore policy, regulatory and investment challenges posed by environmental, social and governance themes. See more information on OMFIF’s SPI here.