State Street Global Advisors–OMFIF EMEA Roundtable: Recovery, Responsibility and Returns for Public Investors in 2021
State Street Global Advisors and OMFIF convene a series of virtual roundtables on the recovery, responsibilities and returns for public investors in 2021. These sessions will bring together senior representatives from sovereign funds, central banks and public pensions funds across the world.
The virtual roundtable series will start with two panel discussions on Thursday 20th May followed by one panel discussion on 27th May & one on 3rd June.
Over the course of the roundtable event we will have a panels of experts discussing a range of relevant topics including:
- Regional Macroeconomic Insights– 20th May
- Assessing Asset Allocation – 20th May
- Key Trends Turning ESG Into BAU for Investors – 27th May
- Recovery and Opportunities in Emerging Markets – 3rd June
Participants will include senior representatives from central banks, sovereign wealth funds, public pension funds, international financial institutions and a small group from academia. All proceedings are off the record and participants are invited to speak.
Session 1: Regional Macroeconomic Insights – 20th May 12:30-13:45 (London)
- The tail of two V’s [Vaccine vs Virus]
- Central bank’s monetary policy framework changes
- Inflation and its implications
- Fiscal and monetary policy co-ordination
- Growing increase in commodity prices, oil, precious metals in a world of uncertainty and inflation
- Global vs regional vs bio-polar block in world trade and world economics
Tobias Adrian, Financial Counsellorand Director of the Monetary and Capital Markets Department, International Monetary Fund
Li Cui, Chief Economist, Managing Director and Head of Macro Research, China Construction Bank International
Beata Javorcik, Chief Economist, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Danae Kyriakopoulou, Chief Economist, OMFIF
Amlan Roy, PhD, Head of Global Macro Policy Research, State Street Global Advisors
Session 2: Assessing Asset Allocation – 20th May 14:00-15:15 (London)
- Volatility and reserve portfolio sensitivities in post Covid era
- Lower for longer investment implications
- Benefits and challenges of asset diversification
- Approaches and tools to balancing risk and reward
Torbjörn Hamnmark, Head of Strategic Asset Allocation, AP-Fonden 3
Timo Löyttyniemi, Chief Executive Officer, The State Pension Fund of Finland
Lori Heinel, Global Chief Investment Officer, State Street Global Advisors
Session 3: Key Trends Turning ESG Into BAU for Investors – 27th May 14:00-15:15 (London)
- How are different types of official institutions incorporating ESG into their investment programs?
- What will it take to drive convergence around common ESG frameworks, metrics, analytics and reporting?
- How are institutions engaging in the Race to Net Zero with their asset allocation decisions and engagement with portfolio companies?
- What can we expect from COP26?
Christophe Beuve, Head of Bond Markets and International Operations, European Central Bank
Anne-Charlotte Hormgard, Senior Manager, Sustainability, AP-Fonden 3
Anne Simpson, Managing Investment Director, Board Governance & Sustainability, CalPERS
Srikanya Yathip, Secretary General, Government Pension Fund Thailand
Patricia Hudson, Global Head of ESG Strategy, State Street Corporation
Session 4: Recovery and Opportunities in Emerging Markets – 3rd June 14:00-15:15 (London)
- Will 2020s mirror 2010s with sub-par growth and returns?
- EM policy flexibility – 2020 pro-cyclical response – how long will it last?
- Performance expectations of local currency bond markets?
- Which EM countries benefit from new global trading architecture?
- How will climate transition affect difference between oil importers & exporters?
Flora Chao, Global Head of Funding, International Finance Corporation
Ingrid van Wees, Vice-President for Finance and Risk Management,Asian Development Bank
Stephen Yeats, Global Head of Fixed Income Beta Solutions/UK Head of Investment, SSGA
Elliot Hentov, PhD, Head of Policy Research, State Street Global Advisors
*Note: when registering you will be automatically enrolled for all four sessions.