Following a year of unparalleled disruption, loose monetary and fiscal policies have become the new normal and many long-term economic and societal changes remain uncertain. As vaccination programmes pick up pace amid talk of policy normalisation, OMFIF and the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia are hosting a series of seminars to discuss the Federal Reserve’s priorities. Over five days, Fed Week will cover topics from the economics of artificial intelligence, a green recovery, central bank digital currency, financial stability, macroeconomic developments and how all of this is feeding into the decisions the Fed is making.
In session five of the series, the discussion will cover:
• The current state of the US economy
• Keeping the wheels turning through the rest of the Covid-19 crisis
• The threat of mounting business debt and bankruptcies
• Banks and capitalisation
• Measures to strengthen the recovery once the health crisis passes
• Volatility in asset prices
• Funding risks and leverage in the financial sector
Register for additional sessions here.