Fed week: The economics of artificial intelligence and machine learning
Following a year of unparalleled disruption, loose monetary and fiscal policies have become the new normal and many long-term economic and societal changes remain uncertain. As vaccination programmes pick up pace amid talk of policy normalisation, OMFIF and the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia are hosting a series of seminars to discuss the Federal Reserve’s priorities. Over five days, Fed Week will cover topics from the economics of artificial intelligence, a green recovery, central bank digital currency, financial stability, macroeconomic developments and how all of this is feeding into the decisions the Fed is making.
In session two of the series, the panel will cover:
• The increasingly important role artificial intelligence and machine learning are playing in everyday life and across different economic activities.
• Role in day-to-day operations and the real economy, financial services and economic stability
• Regulatory challenges and the factors regulators, policy-makers and economic actors must consider to adjust to a changing economy
• Macroeconomic developments and the transformation of financial systems
• The economics of artificial intelligence technology
Register for additional sessions here.
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
Professor of Economics, Wharton School
University of Pennsylvania
Director, Digital Asset Labs
09:45-11:00 (New York)
In partnership with:
This virtual discussion is part of the OMFIF Digital Monetary Institute. OMFIF, the global central banking think tank, proudly announces the launch of the OMFIF Digital Monetary Institute on 5 May. The OMFIF Digital Monetary Institute creates a high-level college which convenes key policy-makers, technologists, financiers and regulators to explore the challenges, opportunities and implications of digital finance in the 2020s. See more information on OMFIF’s DMI here. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org directly for membership details or register your interest below and we’ll be in touch.