Building a sustainable world in the time of corona
On the day when Germany takes over the presidency of the European Council, OMFIF is introducing top European policy-makers explaining how the Federal Republic is leading efforts to recover from the Covid-19 pandemic.
In the ‘Future Europe – Sustainable Europe’ conference, OMFIF is supporting Maleki and DZ BANK in examining how dramatic changes in the European landscape are sharpening the focus on sustainable economic sectors across the continent.
‘Future Europe – Sustainable Europe’ explores the role of the European Commission, European governments and other European institutions in improving sustainable economics in a fast-changing world environment. The gathering brings together in a virtual setting national centres including Frankfurt, Berlin, Paris, London, Amsterdam, Hong Kong and New York. The conference shows how national debates spanning anti-virus measures, climate change and long-term investment plans are feeding through into effective international action to lift the continent’s resilience and cohesion.
Please register here.
- Daniel Calleja Crespo, director general, DG Environment, European Commission
- Tammo Diemer, managing director, Bundesrepublik Deutschland Finanzagentur
- Werner Hoyer, president, European Investment Bank
- Jörg Kukies, Secretary of State, German Federal Ministry of Finance
- Ma Jun, director of research for Green Finance Development at Tsinghua University, chairman of Green Finance Committee (GFC) of China Society of Finance and Banking
- Ludger Schuknecht, deputy secretary general, OECD
- Klaus Regling, managing director, European Stability Mechanism
- Jakob von Weizsäcker, chief economist, German Federal Ministry of Finance