Global Public Investor launch 2019: Global Public Investors and a sustainable world economy
SGX, 2 Shenton Way #02-02, 1 SGX Centre, 068804, Singapore, 068804
The Global Public Investor is devoted to public sector asset ownership and management around the world, with the aim of spreading best practice amongst central banks, sovereign funds and public pension funds. OMFIF convenes members of this community and other senior global investors to unveil the sixth annual publication, launched for the first time in Asia.
Photos from 2019 launch:
*Kwa Chong Seng, chairman of Singapore Exchange providing opening remarks
There was a panel discussion focusing on aligning investments to the United Nations’ sustainable development goals. Participants considered:
- Duties, obligations and limits of GPIs in a global context
- Economic context of the SDGs and the role of institutional investors
- Defining and promoting long-term value creation in GPI portfolios
- Impact of wealth and income inequality on GPI policies and investments
- GPI acquisitions and divestments: Navigating conflicts between principles and returns
Venue: Singapore Exchange, Singapore
All attendees received a free copy of Global Public Investor 2019, including an index of the top 750 global public investors, ranked by assets under management.