Five considerations for a sustainable recovery
The Covid-19 crisis requires a global coordinated response. William White, former chairman of the economic and development review committee at the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, launches his paper on the five considerations for a sustainable recovery. Robert Holzmann, governor of the Oesterreichische Nationalbank, Pierre Siklos, professor at the Balsillie School of International Affairs, and Danae Kyriakopoulou, chief economist and director of research at OMFIF, join him to discuss:
- What ‘policy preconditions’ threaten sustainable growth?
- What future shocks threaten sustainable growth?
- What would a sustainable economy look like?
- What is needed to get from here to there?
- How can we make the right political choice between ‘unpalatable’ and ‘disastrous’?
11:00-12:15 (New York)
In partnership with the Balsillie School of International Affairs.