Asia Wealth Strategy Summit
Singapore, 30 November 2022
OMFIF is hosting a high-profile one-day event in Singapore on 30 November 2022 where private bankers, family offices, HNWIs and UHNWIs will come together to discuss best practice in Asian wealth management and make the most of the opportunities their clients’ wealth presents to them.
The discussions will focus on core issues such as generational transfer, building the best infrastructure for managing wealth, adopting sustainable approaches to investment and learning about the opportunities and challenges created by the digital transformation of financial services.
OMFIF will build a high-value audience of more than 200 leading wealth managers, principals of the family offices, private individuals, institutional investors and thought- leaders including experts in digital assets and sustainability.
Clients in attendance will benefit from the expertise of leading practitioners, and from the experience of some of Asia’s leading families and their family offices, while also learning about fundamental investment trends from eminent global policymakers.
View event agenda
08.00 REGISTRATION, BREAKFAST AND COFFEE
09.00 OMFIF WELCOME
John Orchard, CEO, Official Monetary and Financial Institutions Forum
09.05 KEYNOTE ADDRESS
Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS)
09.20 KEYNOTE ADDRESS
China Construction Bank (CCB)
Where the world’s money is flowing
Managing Editor, OMFIF
A valuable review of the asset allocation plans of 850 of the world’s leading funds from OMFIF’s Global Public Investor report.
09.50 PANEL DISCUSSION 1
Global Investment Trends from an Asian Perspective
Learn from a panel of some of the world’s most influential and powerful investors the key macro-economic themes which are driving their investment trends. OMFIF will invite members of its network of Global Public Investors – central bank reserve managers, sovereign wealth funds and public pension funds – to offer UHNW clients a unique insight into key investment decisions they are making, and why. These will include important areas such as investing in alternative and sustainable assets, and managing inflation risk.
10.40 PANEL DISCUSSION 2
The Family Office Debate: Managing Your Wealth, Maintaining Your Business
OMFIF will convene leading UHNWIs and their family office heads from its unique network of influencers to debate the key challenges they face. Topics will include:
• Succession planning: More than 33% of family offices believe transition to the next generation is the biggest challenge they face, and less than half think they are ready to manage it smoothly, according to research from Citi.
• Sustainability: How to incorporate ESG principles while maintaining returns, and dealing with conflicting approaches between the generations.
• Keeping up with technology: How digitalisation is transforming global financial markets, both in terms of the way family offices manage money and the advent of new digital assets to invest in.
11.30 COFFEE AND NETWORKING BREAK
11.45 PANEL DISCUSSION 3
Oxford Union Style Debate: New vs Old: Where should you invest?
HNWIs and UHNWIs today have a huge universe of assets that they can invest in, but with different risks and rewards. This conflict is represented by two very distinct asset classes: art and crypto. In this Oxford Union-style session, proponents of investing in art will argue its relative merits versus the opinion of experts in investing in digital assets. The debate will showcase some of the investment considerations HNWIs, UHNWIs and their advisers need to consider in today’s markets
12.25 PANEL DISCUSSION 4
The Wealth Leaders Debate: Adapting to clients’ needs
The final panel of our Asia Wealth Strategy Summit will bring together the global and Asia heads of some of the world’s biggest wealth management firms to debate the key challenges they face in meeting the needs of their clients. The discussion will include topics such as:
• Customisation: bridging the gap between bespoke and standardised.
• Private investments: the growing importance of bringing investment opportunities in private companies to UHNW clients.
• How to make your wealth matter: moving beyond screening and environmental themes.
• Leaving a legacy: the importance of philanthropy and succession planning.
13.25 LUNCH AND NETWORKING
14.45 EVENT CLOSES
To be confirmed…