Team Assistant, Sales & Membership Team
Job title: Team Assistant, Sales & Membership Team
Reports to: Managing Director
Location: City of London
OMFIF is a dynamic and independent think tank. Through offices in London and Singapore, the twin channels of research and meetings promote dialogue on world finance and economic policy worldwide at the highest levels. An annual programme of meetings and research brings together a comprehensive global network of public and private sector experts and gives staff the opportunity to work directly with economic, political and investment decision-makers and thematic specialists.
Having completed a highly successful start-up phase, OMFIF is now going through a period of growth and international expansion. We strive to maintain a start-up atmosphere where creative ideas are encouraged, with no two days the same. We are looking for people from diverse backgrounds who are keen to develop their skills, gain responsibility and share our vision of realising full potential, embodying the Company values of independence, innovation and integrity.
- You will be the Gatekeeper for the Managing Director, which involves managing the Managing Director’s diary
- Preparing complex travel and meeting itineraries for the Managing Director, as well as travel for members of the Sales & Membership Team when needed
- Researching contact details, organising meetings, and preparing meeting packs. Helping create presentations to inform potential or existing clients about the company's products or services. Previous experience of InDesign would be useful, but not necessary
- Reconciling expenses and credit cards for the Managing Director
- Engaging all company departments to maximise high-level relationships and membership opportunities, acting as a point of contact on matters both internally for all staff and externally for members. This will involve:
- - Coordinating with colleagues to ensure that prospective members are contacted and followed up with in an appropriate way
- - Ad hoc assistance for the sales team in coordinating relationship outreach and tours
- Database maintenance, filing meeting notes and assisting with follow up
- Contributing to the membership team and OMFIF’s wider aims and objectives. This will involve:
- - Fully utilising operational functions, internal systems, processes and policies (eg the OMFIF CRM system) to enable and encourage business opportunities
- - Maintaining good customer relations and satisfaction with our public and private sector members, and support the membership team to ensure members’ subscriptions are maintained and updated and membership is serviced
- Collaborating with colleagues to explore ways of improving the effectiveness and efficiency of the membership team
- Keeping up to date with topical issues and areas of interest to OMFIF’s membership
- Working with the other members of the executive support in co-ordinating social and hospitality events. This also includes organising staff birthday and anniversary gifts
- General office management and upkeep, including ordering stationery and office supplies
- Acting as a first point of contact for the external IT company
- Helping coordinate board meetings for both boards
- Covering for the Personal Assistant to the Chairman when they are out of the office
Skills, experience and qualifications:
The successful candidate will:
- Be educated to a degree-level, or higher
- Be highly organised, methodical with excellent prioritisation and time management
- Have excellent communication skills both by phone and written form and good understanding of diplomatic language. A second language is an advantage
- Show ability to work under pressure and will enjoy managing multiple projects to tight deadlines
- Be a strong and creative problem solver, able to ‘think on your feet’ and confident in engaging with relevant stakeholders
- Possess flawless attention to detail
- Be able to work flexibly and successfully across teams and hierarchies and build relationships at all levels
- Demonstrate good commercial understanding and proficiency in senior level client interaction
- Operate standard Microsoft Office systems and CRM (experience with Salesforce would be beneficial) to a high level
Applicants who meet the application criteria and have the right to live and work in the UK are invited to send their CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, with 'Application for Team Assistant’ in the email subject line. Only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
OMFIF strictly adheres to the Equality Act (2010) and provides equal opportunities to applicants and employees from all demographic backgrounds.
If you don’t quite meet the criteria for this position but are interested in what we do, we encourage you to send us your CV to be considered for other roles.
By applying for this role, you agree to OMFIF retaining your CV/Cover Letter for six months, until our recruitment and onboarding process is complete.